Meet The Troops

Monday, November 29, 2010

The First Snow

We enjoyed our first snow of the season here in South Korea today! It wasn't much...just a dusting, but it was enough to get the kids excited and make me have to go out in the cold with them for 20 minutes!

Every year, no matter where we've lived, we always celebrate the first snow of the season with a yummy cup of hot chocolate and marshmallows. The kids all ran to the window as soon as they woke up and squealed with delight, "It snowed! It snowed!"
Joshua immediately asked if we'd be having hot chocolate with our breakfast! To which I replied, "Of course! It's tradition!" Each of the children very much enjoyed their warm sweet treat to celebrate the first snow, it was a nice way to start the day.  :)
Faith Elaina wouldn't stop slurping long enough to smile for a picture. This is the most she'd give me....a peek over her mug!
Later in the morning I finally got brave enough to bundle everyone up and venture out into the cold after being asked about a hundred times, "Can we go out now?!" I'm actually glad it was only a dusting, I think it would have been much harder to bring them in if there was a lot more to play with out there.
They did somehow manage to make a snowman still, even though there was not much snow to work with!
Okay now that that is done....I'm ready for summer! :)

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree!!! I'll take the heat any day over the cold. We've had our fun with snow, time for summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't had snow yet but it's in the forecast. Lots of wind, rain and cold. Love the kids' snowman. I see the kids are wearing their boots, hats and gloves. You even got Faith to wear boots! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete